Monday, April 21, 2008

Sea Otter Classic

The Sea Otter Classic....What a great time! We travel 3000 miles to showcase our products and had great success hob knobbing with various Journo's and talking with consumers. Lennard Zinn stopped by our booth to check out the latest from Exposure Lights and took some photos of some limited edition lights we are offering. That pink camo light in the photo link on the right, is Steph's personal light and the black camo one is my personal light. As always, it was an honor to be in Lennard's presence since he is such an icon in the Bicycle Industry. A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to meet him at his house while on a sales trip to Boulder, Colorado. At the time, we gave him a light to test and he did a great review. He now has one of the new generation of lights and we are looking forward to another review coming in the near future.

I took a stroll around the venue and stopped by Tara Llanes's booth near the Giant Bicycles rig. Steph and I used to watch Tara race Downhill and Dual Slalom at Mt. Snow back in the days when we were racing. She was always so fun to watch. Last September while racing in Colorado she suffered a horrific crash and is now paralyzed from the waist down. She has been on the road to recovery ever since. Her strength and determination is quite amazing. I just felt compelled to go over and say hello and wish her all the best. I walked away from her feeling very sad and realizing just how precious life is. I called Steph and told her about meeting Tara and I just could not hold back the tears. Tara was very grateful for my kind words and well wishes. She said every day she is getting stronger and stronger. If you feel like doing so, donate to her recovery fund.
I bought some Tara Balm (Lip Balm for Steph) and gave a small donation. It was not much but , it is not about that, it's about showing some love for good people.

While out on my walk I caught the tail end of the GT Bicycles Air show. Aussie Cameron White (pictured above) was doing some sick tricks. It was pretty incredible to watch.


At one point while on our Expo booth I caught a shot of the Cat in the Hat (pictured above) riding his tricked out bicycle. It was quite funny!

My final picture from Saturday was the Sunset from 17 Mile drive. I'm pretty sure we could live in California if we were not so attached to New England....What a great place to visit on vacation or business!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sunset!