Sunday, May 25, 2008

Celebration of Life!


This weekend we remember brave soldiers who fought courageous battles. Not only war battles but, medical ones as well. Today, I had the honor of joining 40-50 other cyclists in a memorial ride for a fallen brother. The local cycling community lost one of it's legends and beloved friends to Brain Cancer. Just over a year ago, John Bocko passed away after a quick hard fought battle. Deb, John's wife, organized the ride and there was an amazing turn out. The ride left Gus' Bike shop and headed to the scenic stretch of coastline through North Hampton, Rye and Portsmouth, NH. It was nice to see some friends I had not seen in a long time and finally I got to ride with Craig Rollins a good friend of mine who taught me a lot in my days working with him and for John at Gus'. Craig lead off the ride on John's new bike that Craig built for him. Unfortunately, Johnny never got a chance to ride it. I forgot my camera so I snapped the picture above with my cell phone.
RIP JB...

John pictured on the right, owned Gus' bike shop, a local shop. He died in May 2007 from cancer. He is greatly missed.

No comments: