Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Remembering Gus 10/31/98 - 6/13/03

 Gus Jacques - Standing tall and proud on one of his favorite "perches".

Six Thirteen, not a day, or number combination I am very fond of. I bury deep the pain of Gus' final moments in my arms. I indulge in all the good times and memories of such a beautiful animal soul. Sometimes I can still smell and feel his soft fur.

RIP Gus, who is always running through that field of flowers and lush green grass, yet a constant beacon to my daily teachings in life. 

Learn more about Gus, here.


Until one has loved an animal
a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

-Anatole France


2 comments:

Matt Tirabassi said...

Sorry for your loss. In many ways it is much harder than saying good bye to a person..

Steve said...

Thanks for reading, Matt. In some ways, yes, for sure.